By Amir Mir
Amadou Diawara’s agent has confirmed that Aston Villa have tabled an offer for the Bologna midfielder.
Italian newspaper Tutto Sport claimed on Monday that Villa had agreed personal terms with the 19-year-old after tabling a £14.5million bid for his services.
Diawara\s agent Daniele Piraino has now confirmed an offer has been put on the table by the Championship side.
“It’s true that there’s an offer from Aston Villa,” said Piraino to broadcaster Sport Italia, as quoted by Italian Football Daily. “But it continues to be in Bologna’s hands, I have no say.”
This comes after Sky Sports Italy stated that Villa’s hopes of landing Diawarea had been reignited after his talks with Roma and Napoli stalled.
It is said that Diawara has been absent from pre-season training and wasn’t given a squad number in the list handed to Serie A officials last Saturday.
The youngster is determined to leave the Serie A club after a number of European giants showed interest in his signature.
Sky Sports Italy suggest Diawara risks being left with no club this season and is reconsidering the option of joining Villa.
Diawara signed for Bologna last summer and went on to make 34 appearances for the club as Roberto Donadoni’s side finished a respectable 14th last season.
The Guinea-born midfielder, who is known for his energetic style, attempted 1626 passes last term making him the youngest player in the top five European leagues to attempt 1000+ passes.
Roberto Di Matteo’s side are already close to signing Crystal Palace midfielder Mile Jedinak, with the 32-year-old due to make a move from the Premier League to the Championship in the coming days.
In other Aston Villa transfer news, this £50,000-a-week defender is holding talks of a transfer.