By Harvey Byrne
Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette has left the door open for a summer transfer by revealing that he would leave Lyon for the right offer.
The highly-rated 25-year-old scored a hat-trick for the Ligue 1 club in their 3-0 win against Nancy on Sunday in a strong reminder of his deadly qualities.
The revelation from the French striker comes after Lyon revealed that the Londoners had already had a bid of £29.5million rejected by the Ligue 1 giants as Wenger looks to add firepower to his misfiring front-line before the start of the 2016-17 Premier League season.
The striker was speaking French TV show Canal Football Club about his future after his club’s win on Sunday.
“If there are offers that can’t be refused, I’d like to not refuse them,” Lacazette told Canal Football Club. “But I’m very comfortable at Lyon. The proof was there today that I was in the right state of mind.
“I scored three goals — I’m pleased. With my teammates, everything is going well. So for me all is well.”
When asked if there were any offers on the table, Lacazette smiled and told the interviewer to “ask the president.”
Lacazette, who has attracted interest across Europe, was also in fine form last season for Lyon, scoring 23 goals in his 44 appearances to help guide them to the Champions League.
The forward has only played for Lyon at senior level since his debut in 2010, but has been regularly linked with a move away from the seven-time league winners.
The Ligue 1 Player of the Year for 204-15 has made 10 appearances for his national side, but was not selected for the France Euro 2016 squad.
The striker still has three-years left on his current contract, so it is assumed that Lyon still hold the power over his future.
The Gunners have already missed out on the signing of Gonzalo Higuaín, and Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy rejected the north London club before penning a new deal with Leicester earlier on this summer.
In other Arsenal transfer news, the Gunners are closing in on the signing of Shkodran Mustafi from Valencia.