By Will Butcher

Moussa Dembele has revealed that he plans to remain at Celtic for “many years to come” despite interest from some of Europe’s biggest sides.

The 20-year-old has scored 16 goals in 26 league and cup appearances after moving north to Glasgow from Championship outfit Fulham this summer.

Speaking after Celtic’s 2-0 loss to Spanish champions Barcelona, Dembele told the Daily Record that he is 100 per cent certain that he will stay with Celtic for the next four years until his contract runs out.

“Everyone is saying I’ll go back to England but I haven’t said that,” Dembele said. “For me, I am here until the end of my contract and for many years.

“It is not something I think about. I don’t listen to those stories. I want to keep playing in the Champions League and keep playing in the Champions League for Celtic first.

“I think I will stay here 100 per cent. I want to keep improving and keep developing as a player.”

The Daily Mail claimed last week that Premier League giants Manchester United were preparing a January move for the French wonderkid.

Dembele’s incredible form for the Bhoys has also prompted Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane to express a fondness for his compatriot.

The French wonderkid is expected to feature for 47-time league champions on Sunday, as they look to secure their eighth consecutive Scottish Premiership win with a difficult test away at high flying Aberdeen.

Three points for the Hoops could see them stretch their huge lead at the top to 13 points, if Old Firm rivals Rangers drop points to Partick.

In other Celtic transfer news, this reported January target would solve Brendan Rodgers’ problem area.