By Amir Mir
Rafa Benitez is keen to offload the Newcastle high earners after back-to-back defeats in the Championship as he targets another centre-forward, winger and defensive cover.
The Chronicle report that the Spaniard is looking to offload striker Emmanuel Riviere, midfielder Henri Saivet, winger Yoan Gouffran, academy graduate Sammy Ameobi and Haris Vuckic.
It is said that Saivet could be one of the first out of the door with St Etienne prepared to take the player on loan and pay a portion of his £35,000-a-week wage packet.
Benitez’s side were beaten 2-1 at home to Huddersfield on Saturday afternoon, after losing their Championship opener to Fulham the previous week.
It is said the north east club do not need to sell to buy, as the manager looks to change what is threatens to become a moody atmosphere at the club with the unused squad members.
France international Moussa Sissoko wants a move away from St James Park, and reportedly looked glum in the immediate aftermath of the Huddersfield defeat.
Additionally, Benitez is targeting another striker to Alexander Mitrovic as the club’s attacking line have only found the net on one occasion so far this season.
The Magpies spent over £40million on eight players this summer as they aim for instant promotion back to the Premier League after relegation last term.
Attacking duo Dwight Gayle and Matt Ritchie were purchased for a reported £10 million and £12 million each, while Matz Sels, Ciaran Clark, Mo Diame, Grant Hanley, Jesus Gamez and Isaac Hayden were the other new recruits for the season.
In other Newcastle transfer news, the Magpies have joined the race to sign this £7 million attacker who wants to leave his club.