By Amir Mir
Roberto Di Matteo has confirmed senior Aston Villa duo Joleon Lescott and Gabby Agbonlahor are not part of his plans.
The Birmingham Mail report that the club’s longest serving player Agbonlaor does not have any takers at this moment.
Di Matteo does not see the 29-year-old as a member of his squad and owner Tony Xia posted on Twitter at the end of last week that the player could leave on loan before the transfer window shuts.
The Villa manager revealed that Lescott, 34, is seeking a transfer away from Villa Park, but did not speculate on strong interest from Rangers.
“Lescott is looking to move on,” said Di Matteo as quoted by the Birmingham Mail. “Possibly, I don’t know [on Rangers link]. I read that in the papers as well. I was preparing for the game, so maybe I’m not up to the latest.
“Gabby is not part of the group so that is the situation.”
The Birmingham Mail previously stated that Agbonlahor, 29 has been told he has no future at the club, while Lescott was pictured with Rangers manager Mark Warburton on Tuesday afternoon for signing talks ahead of a potential move to Scotland.
The duo were criticised last season for their woeful performances which led to the club’s relegation from the Premier League.
Lescott was part of a defence that conceded 76 goals, while Agbonlahor only found the net on one occasion as he was stripped of the club captaincy for being unfit and overweight.
In other Aston Villa transfer news, the agent of this Serie A wonderkid confirms that Villa have tabled an offer.