By Will Butcher

Werder Bremen sporting director Frank Baumann has declared that his side are not interested in Celtic star Emilio Izaguirre.

The 30-year-old Honduras international has fallen down the pecking order at Parkhead, with youngster Kieran Tierney becoming manager Brendan Rodgers’ first choice at left-back.

Sky Sports claimed on their transfer centre blog (2:37pm) on Friday that sources have told them the Bundesliga side are targeting Izaguirre.

But Baumann revealed that former Motagua man Izaguirre is not on the Bundesliga outfit’s radar.

“Emilio Izaguirre is not a player we are interested in,” he said, as quoted by the Daily Record.

The long-serving defender was rumoured to be interesting the Bundesliga giants last week, as the Hoops slapped a £1million price-tag on the full-back.

The 85-times capped Honduras international has played two matches for the Hoops this season, but was restricted to a view from the bench in the Scottish giants’ solitary Scottish Premiership match of the new campaign.

The Hoops beat Hapoel Beer Sheva convincingly on Wednesday evening with a 5-2 victory at home, but Izaguirre didn’t make the 18-man matchday squad, and was an unused sub against St. Johnstone on Saturday.

New manager Brendan Rodgers is looking to build his own Celtic side, as he faces a battle with fierce rivals Rangers this season.

The Northern Irish boss has added six players to his squad, including the formidable Moussa Dembele from Fulham.

In other Celtic transfer news, this former defender could be about to leave Manchester United.