By Tom Blackburn

Everton and West Ham have had their hopes of signing AC Milan striker M’Baye Niang dashed after he revealed he has not plans to quit the Italian club.

Niang started in the 2-1 friendly win over Bordeaux and seems eager to impress his current coach Vincenzo Montella.

Talking to La Gazzetta dello Sport after the match, Niang claimed thoughts of leaving had never crossed his mind.

“I have never talked about the transfer market and never thought about leaving,” Niang said.

“I’m a Milan player, I’m happy here and I will stay at Milan. I want to be an important part of this team.

“From the first day I got back, I have been speaking a lot with the coach. Now I know what I have to do if I am to become a champion.

“I am determined to listen to the coach. I must be good both on the field and off it. I realised the mistakes I’ve made and I must not repeat them.”

Niang, 21, who spent the second half of the 2014-15 season on loan at Genoa before returning to Milan last summer, scored five goals and supplied five assists in 16 Serie A matches last season, in which he missed large chunks through injury.

It was reported last month that Niang has his heart set on a transfer to the Premier League and is particularly keen on a move to Goodison Park.

Niang can play centrally or out wide, and has scored a total of nine goals in 59 appearances for AC Milan.

Everton are said to be looking to sign a striker to their squad regardless of whether Romelu Lukaka leaves Goodison Park.

On Sunday they were linked with Wilfried Bony, who could be part of a swap deal for John Stones, and Sebastian Haller.

In other Everton transfer news, they have been given a huge boost as a stunning £78million deal moves closer.