By Dominic Toner

Everton youngster Dominic Calvert-Lewin has revealed that manager Ronald Koeman told him to keep doing what he’s been doing on his call-up to the first-team squad.

The 19-year-old was included in the first-team squad for the first time on Sunday in the Premier League fixture against West Ham and was an unused substitute.

The forward has impressed in the club’s Under-23s this season and opened his account against Manchester United for David Unsworth’s side.

He has also represented England’s Under-20s on four occasions and scored three goals.

Calvert-Lewin is regarded as one of the emerging stars at Everton and revealed what Koeman said to him after his call-up to the first-team.

“I absolutely loved it and really enjoyed it last week. Calvert-Lewin said, as quoted by the Echo.

“Obviously, the standard is better so I’ve had to raise my standards again. The manager just said keep doing what I’m doing.”

Calvert-Lewin completed a move to Goodison Park in the summer from League One outfit Sheffield United in a deal worth £1.5million.

He was considered one of the Blades’ brightest prospects after making his debut in April 2015.

The youngster ended up playing 12 times for the Yorkshire outfit, but remained goalless during his time at Bramall Lane.

He has joined up with the Toffees Under-23s and faces tough competition for a senior place in the Premier League with star man Romelu Lukaku cementing himself as the club’s first choice striker.

In other Everton news, Romelu Lukaku has delivered a stunning five-word verdict on the club’s midfielder.