By Alex Taylor

Everton are interested in hijacking Wolfsburg’s move for Tottenham attacking midfielder Son Heung-min, according to a report.

The Daily Mail claim that Toffees are eyeing a swoop for Son, who joined White Hart Lane on a five-year deal from Bayer Leverkusen for £22million last August.

The report says that manager Mauricio Pochettino is willing to listen to offers for the 24-year-old.

German publication Bild claim that the Wolfsburg have agreed a £25.6million fee for Son but no deal has been officially announced.

This has provided hope for player’s other suitors who, according to the Mail, include Everton and Premier League champions Leicester.

The Blues have seen their forward line depleted in recent weeks after Koeman told Oumar Niasse he must leave the club to find regular first team football.

Son has played 40 times in all competitions for Pochettino’s side, scoring eight goals with five assists. Many of these appearances were made off the bench as he slipped in the pecking order behind the likes of Christian Eriksen, Deli Alli and Erik Lamela.

The midfielder was with Spurs for the first month of pre-season, before jetting out to Rio to represent his country in the Olympics.

The South Korean team had been hoping for another medal after scoring bronze at the London Olympics, but were knocked out by Honduras in the quarter-finals.

In other Tottenham transfer news, Spurs agree record fee, medical on Monday.