By Matt Farr
Everton have joined the race to sign Anderlecht goalscoring sensation Lukasz Teodorcyzk this summer, according to a report.
The Mirror claim that the Toffees are set to go head-to-head with Premier League rivals Liverpool and La Liga giants Sevilla for the signature of the 26-year-old forward.
It is said that Anderlecht are willing to offload the goalscorer this summer, despite Teodorczyk netting a stunning 30 goals from 53 appearances in all competitions during the 2016-17 campaign.
However, clubs have so far been reluctant to meet their asking-price, which they have set at £10million.
But the fee could tempt Everton into a summer move as they seek further reinforcements in the goalscoring department ahead of their Europa League campaign next term.
The 12-time capped Poland international is under contract at Anderlecht until 2020, following his permanent move from Dynamo Kyiv last season.
Sevilla remain the only side to have approached the Belgian outfit with a formal offer for the striker, however, they have yet to reach a positive conclusion to negotiations.
But the Spanish side have told Teodorczyk’s current employers that they must agree to a deal by June 12 or else they will pull the plug on their pursuit.
That would leave Merseyside rivals Everton and Liverpool as the two remaining sides coveting Teodorcyzk this summer, and Sevilla’s withdrawal could give them a considerable boost.
Football Insider verdict
Regardless of the current uncertainty surrounding the future of star striker Romelu Lukaku, Everton must sign another goalscorer this summer. Their desire to challenge at the top-end of the Premier League, coupled with their return to European competitions next season, suggests they must do more than just rely on Lukaku for goals. Teodorczyk has experience in a number of different European leagues, and is a proven goalscorer. His 30-goal haul last season was a fine example of his talents, and at just £10million, Ronald Koeman should see that as a bargain deal.
In other Everton transfer news, Premier League rivals Leicester City had reportedly made an approach for this Everton summer target.