By Tom Blackburn

Everton target Joe Hart fears his time at Manchester City is coming to an end after he was snubbed by Pep Guardiola, according to a report.

Man City began their Premier League campaign with a 2-1 victory over Sunderland on Saturday, but Hart was left on the bench in favour of Willy Caballero.

The Mirror claimed on Monday morning that Everton are keen to make Hart their first-choice goalkeeper even though they have already signed Maarten Stekelenburg from Southampton this summer.

The Telegraph state Hart was dropped because he doesn’t fit Guardiola’s ideal of a sweeper-keeper, and that Hart now fears he will be leaving the Manchester club.

It is said that the England believes the new City manager is preparing to sell him before the transfer window closes a fortnight on Wednesday.

The Mirror report that the Manchester club are targeting one of Barcelona duo Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Claudio Bravo, and Sporting Lisbon’s Rui Patricio to replace Hart, which has opened the door for Everton.

The Sun claimed earlier this summer that the Merseysiders are willing to pay £40million to land the Manchester City ace as well as offer him a five-year contract worth £200,000-a-week.

The astonishing package said to have been put together by Everton’s super-rich new owner Farhad Moshiri is worth £92million in total.

This would not only comfortably shatter the club’s transfer record, which is the £28million they spent on Romelu Lukaku in 2014, but also make Hart easily the best-paid player in Everton’s history.

The Merseysiders have sold Tim Howard and his replacement Joel Robles has failed to convince since replacing the American in goal.

Stekelenburg was given the nod by Koeman to start in Everton’s 1-1 draw against Tottenham on Saturday and had a fine match.

Hart, 29, joined City from Shrewsbury in 2006 and has been a mainstay of the Premier League team during the Abu Dhabi era.

He is a firm favourite with City supporters for his leadership and commitment, and was a key player in the side that won Premier League titles in 2012 and 2014.

In other Everton transfer news, they agree personal terms with an attacker after £22.5million-plus-£5.5million-add-ons fee is settled.