By Harvey Byrne

Everton target Joe Hart has been left furious at his treatment by Manchester City, according to a report.

The Mail claim that the 29-year-old goalkeeper believes his chances of a move elsewhere have been damaged by Pep Guardiola keeping him in the dark over his future.

The former Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss is close to signing Claudio Bravo from the Spanish giants, after the goalkeeper was pictured in Manchester.

However, it is understood that Guardiola hadn’t informed Hart that he was looking to bring in another goalkeeper until pre-season, angering the England international.

Bravo’s addition is expected to leave Hart at number three in the club’s pecking order, with the Spanish boss opting for Willy Caballero to start in goal in all of his matches in charge of the club so far.

The Mail report Hart has privately told friends that he should have been made aware of the situation before the start of the summer, giving him and his agent time to find a new club.

The Sun claimed on Sunday that Everton would make  a move for the axed goalkeeper after he was told by the Manchester outfit to find a new club.

However, The Mail claimed on Monday that the Toffees have taken a step back in their interest in the England international due to the cost of the deal and the impressive form of Maarten Stekelenburg.

It is said it would have cost Everton in the region of £7million to take Hart for a season on loan, when his £135,000 per week wages were taken into account, and that kind of expenditure was not something they were prepared to commit to.

The England number one endured a difficult Euro 2016 campaign and made some costly mistakes as the nation were dumped out by minnows Iceland in the last 16.

Hart joined City from Shrewsbury in 2006 and has been a mainstay of the Premier League team during the Abu Dhabi era.

He is a firm favourite with City supporters for his leadership and commitment, and was a key player in the side that won Premier League titles in 2012 and 2014.

In other Everton transfer news, Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli has been offered to the Toffees.