By Alex Stevens
Martyn Waghorn has insisted he is totally committed to Rangers amid doubts about his future at the club.
Waghorn and James Tavernier, who both arrived from Wigan last summer, have rejected improved deals at Ibrox.
Coincidentally, they were both on target in Rangers’ 2-0 win at Motherwell on Saturday and Waghorn used an opportunity afterwards to give an update about his future.
“I’m really happy here,” Waghorn said, as quoted by the Scottish Sun. I had a very good year last year, and I’ve still got two years left on my deal.
The Scottish Sun claim striker Waghorn and right-back Tavernier are unhappy at the terms of the offers on the table from the Scottish giants.
The key senior duo are contracted to Rangers until 2018 and are said to be convinced they deserve more lucrative new contracts based on their performances last season.
Since the end of last season, Rangers have signed eight new players, including Joey Barton and Jordan Rossiter on deals that are reported to be vastly superior to Waghorn and Tavernier.
Offers made to the duo were rejected around a month ago, with apparently no current scope for renegotiation.
Both Waghorn and Tavernier were star performers as Rangers cantered to the second-tier title last season and reached the Scottish Cup final.
Waghorn, a former Sunderland and Wigan striker, scored 28 goals in all competitions despite suffering an injury in mid-February which left him out of action until May.
The 24-year-old right back Tavernier played in every league game of the previous season, scoring 15 times in all competitions.