By Tony Hughes
Arsenal have been hit with a fresh injury blow after right-back Hector Bellerin pulled out of the Spain Under-21 squad on Wednesday.
The news was posted on the official Twitter account of the Spanish national team, where it was said that Bellerin would be replaced by Sunderland’s Javier Manquillo.
The news came after it was reported by The Mirror that Bellerin had been unable to complete a training session on Tuesday and would return home.
The Spain international had previously been rested by Arsene Wenger for the Champions League game against Ludogorets after picking up a slight knock.
However, he played the full 90 minutes in the north London derby against Tottenham on Sunday.
— Selección Española (@SeFutbol) November 9, 2016
The news is another setback for Arsenal after it was reported that striker Alexis Sanchez is out for at least six weeks, and will miss eight key games for Arsenal.
The Sun claims that Arsenal have been told that Sanchez will be out for six weeks after picking up a “low-grade muscle” problem on international duty with Chile.
Arsenal have suffered with a host of injury problems in the past few years and fans will be hoping that Bellerin will be available for the key Premier League clash with Manchester United on November 19.
Better news for the Gunners came in the form of a report from The Mirror that claims Bellerin has signed a new six-year deal with the club worth £32.1m.