By Will Butcher

Galatasaray will make a second bid for Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva, according to a report.

Turkish newspaper Fanatik claim the Turkish giants will make a £2.5million offer to bring the Brazilian international to Turkey if they fail in their pursuit of Marseille’s former Chelsea and Arsenal midfielder Lassana Diarra.

Galatasaray manager Jan Olde Riekerink is said to be keen on signing a holding midfielder after failing to replace veteran Felipe Melo who joined Inter Milan last year.

It will be the second time the 20-time SuperLig winners try to tempt Lucas into signing on at the Turk Telecom Arena, after Football Insider reported last Friday that the club tried to sign him on loan.

The 29-year-old almost joined Besiktas last summer but ex-manager Brendan Rodgers kept him on as cover following a long-term injury to captain Jordan Henderson.

The midfielder, who has just one year remaining on his Anfield contract, is Liverpool’s longest-serving player after he was signed for the Merseyside giants by Rafael Benitiez in 2007 from Gremio.

He started just eight times in the league after the turn of the year and he admitted recently he may find opportunities more limited as Klopp adds to his squad, with Henderson, James Milner, Emre Can and Joe Allen all ahead of him in the pecking order.

“It is the first transfer window that Klopp will participate in more actively in for Liverpool, so I’ll have a better idea when I return [for pre-season],” he told Radio Jovem Pan.

In other Liverpool news, this 28-year-old is close to tying up a transfer away from Liverpool.