By Emma Sanders

Hector Bellerin has vowed that he is fully committed to Arsenal despite recent speculation linking him to Barcelona and Manchester City.

The Arsenal right-back has been in excellent form in the opening stages of the Premier League season and he has reportedly emerged as a target for the two European big hitters.

In an attempt to fend off suitors, Arsene Wenger recently admitted he was willing to offer Bellerin a new contract in order to keep him at the club.

“We will try to extend his [Bellerin] contract as well, but for me, his long-term future is here,” said Wenger, as reported by TalkSPORT.

The 21 year-old has hit back at the rumours and has pledged his career at Arsenal, claiming he is happy with his current situation and is not looking for a move elsewhere.

“If I wanted to play there [Barcelona] I would have stayed there. I was very happy when Arsenal showed interest in me and I decided to come here,” said Bellerin, as reported by the Evening Standard.

“I’m just looking to help Arsenal. I’ve got three years left on my contract so I’m just focused on playing every single week, improving and hopefully making things happen here.”

As well as a return to the Catalan club, Bellerin has been linked with a move to Manchester City to join former Barcelona boss, Pep Guardiola, according to reports in the Manchester Evening News.

Bellerin has notched up 10 league starts this season and has made three Champions League appearances for the Gunners as they have recorded 12 victories so far.

They currently sit at the top of the Premier League table, level on points with Manchester City and Liverpool and have only been separated by goal difference.

The defender started his career at Barcelona, as part of their academy, but made the switch to Arsenal in 2012 following a spell at Barnsley the year before.

In other Arsenal news, fans have been discussing on Twitter which centre-forward should start against Tottenham on Saturday.