By Alex Stevens
Steve Evans has revealed that Leeds have rejected accumulated offers of £30million this month.
The Leeds manager gave fresh insight into the club’s transfer business in the January window after their 2-0 FA Cup third-round win over his former club Rotherham on Saturday.
Speaking at his post-match media conference on Saturday evening, Evans said the Championship club have been inundated with interest in their top players, who were unnamed but are likely to include versatile midfielder Sam Byram and 18-year-old Lewis Cook.
Steve Evans says Leeds have received combined offers of over £30million for some of his players. #lufc
— Jonathan Veal (@jonathandveal83) January 9, 2016
Evans has already said that he is not confident of keeping Byram beyond this month as five Premier League clubs monitor the 22-year-old, who is out of contract in the summer.
Leeds have already completed deals this month for midfielder Liam Bridcutt and winger Mustapha Carayol, with both players signing on loan until the end of the season.
Evans now wants to add up to four new signings as he prepares to lose versatile midfielder Sam Byram to a Premier League club.
Speaking on Friday as he unveiled Carayol, Evans said: “I look forward to this being the first of three or four further additions to the group before the end of the month.”
The Gambia international, who has joined from Middlesbrough, previously worked with Evans at Crawley Town.