By Tom Blackburn
Leeds are continuing to search for a striker as the transfer deadline approaches, according to a report.
The Championship big hitters have been trying to land a forward in the final days of the window but have not given up hope of a last-ditch deal.
Yorkshire Evening Post journalist Lee Sobot has claimed on his personal Twitter account that the search for a front man to supplement Marcus Antonsson and Chris Wood was continuing up to the 11pm cut-off on Wednesday night.
As stated by Sobot, there have been few names of strikers mentioned in connection with a move to Leeds.
The club have completed 11 signings so far this summer, including the deadline-day arrival of central midfielder Eunan O’Kane from Bournemouth.
The Sun claimed on Wednesday that Leeds have made an approach for Arsenal 23-year-old Yaya Sanogo, but Arsene Wenger is said to have rejected the deal.
He has told Leeds that he intends to keep the misfiring striker in north London despite the recent signing of Lucas Perez who will compete with Olivier Giroud for the senior spearhead role.
Sobot claimed on Monday that Massimo Cellino was looking for a frontman, but West Ham striker Ashley Fletcher was unlikely due to his increasing significance in Slaven Bilic’s first-team plans.
Fletcher had not appeared to be required for the Hammers, until he started against Man City on the weekend amid their striker crisis.
There was still a suggestion they might loan him to West Ham after they signed Simone Zaza from Juventus, but there have been no reports of an approach.
In other Leeds transfer news, a manager responds to reports of a Leeds bid for their 23-year-old.