By Tom Blackburn
Leeds are waiting to see whether Charlie Taylor leaves the club before making a decision on possible replacement Bryan Verboom, according to a report.
Dutch outlet Voetbal Nieuws claimed on Monday that Leeds would leave their business late before attempting to sign left-back Verboom.
Yorkshire Evening Post journalist Lee Sobot subsequently claimed on his personal Twitter account on Monday night that any move by Leeds for 24-year-old Verboom would “surely depend” on the Taylor situation.
The Sun claimed on Sunday that Bournemouth are lining up a swoop for Taylor and are ready to test Leeds’ resolve to hang on to their prize asset.
It is said that the 22-year-old is valued at £8million by the Yorkshire giants even though he has entered the final year of his contract.
Voetbal Nieuws claimed this month that Leeds were stalling the move and that was worrying for both Verboom and Zulte Waregem, who fear Leeds have got cold feet and are ready to explore alternative options.
The agent of Bryan Verboom revealed last week that he is waiting on Leeds to seal the defender’s move from Zulte Waregem.
Ben Houider Mustafa, who represents the 24-year-old, claims all the details have been agreed and that the Championship club just need to finalise the deal.
“Leeds no longer respond to the agent that mediated the transfer,” Mustafa told HITC Sport. “Leeds said that they would first have to sell the left back to buy Verboom.
“He is ready to sign for Leeds! The ball is in their camp, we were all done, Leeds’ time to react.”
Taylor had a transfer request rejected by Leeds shortly before the start of the season and plunged his future into fresh doubt last weekend by saying he doesn’t know if he will still be with the club he signed for as a boy when the transfer window shuts.
In other Leeds transfer news, two Italian clubs have joined the race for a defender they have scouted.