By Alex Taylor

Liverpool have offered Nathaniel Clyne to Barcelona even though he is a mainstay of Jurgen Klopp’s team, according to a report.

The Express, citing The Sunday Times, claim that the 25-year-old was informally offered to Barcelona because Clyne is dissatisfied at Anfield.

Clyne arrived on Merseyside last summer from Southampton for £12.5million and started all but a handful of Liverpool’s 38 Premier League matches as well as most of their key cup games.

But the England international is said to be unhappy despite his status as a first-team regular and could be in line for a shock exit.

However, the Sunday Times claim Jurgen Klopp has already been told that Luis Enrique is not interested in the defender.

Barcelona legend Dani Alves left the Spanish giants on a free last month and has now signed a two-year deal with Juventus.

Clyne is contracted to the Anfield outfit until 2020 but would be unlikely to turn down a move to the Nou Camp.

The England international was part of the Three Lions’ dreadful European Championship campaign this summer, but played second fiddle to Tottenham’s Kyle Walker as England crashed out of the tournament, losing 2-1 to Iceland in the round of 16.

In other Liverpool news, Reds boss Jurgen Klopp has vowed to be successful at Anfield and help develop the club moving forward.