By Tom Blackburn
Stoke are the latest club to offer competition for West Ham and Everton in the race for Wilfried Bony, according to a report.
The Sun claim that Mark Hughes wants to bring the Ivory Coast striker in from Man City on a half-season loan.
It is reported that City boss Pep Guardiola will allow Bony to decide which club he wants to spend the next part of his career at.
Boss Slaven Bilic revealed last week, prior to the Zaza deal, that Bony was an option.
“He (Bony) is also an option because he plays in the position we are looking for. I leave negotiations to the Chairman and Tony Henry,” said Bilic, as quoted by the club’s official Twitter account.
SB: "He (Bony) is also an option because he plays in the position we are looking for. I leave negotiations to the Chairman and Tony Henry.
— West Ham United (@WestHamUtd) August 24, 2016
Bony, 27, is on the hunt for regular first-team football again, but the Sun report that Bony has already rejected a move to the Chinese Super League this summer.
The striker joined City for £28million from Swansea in January 2015 but has notched just six Premier League goals in that time and has found it difficult to make the starting line-up, where his path has been blocked by Sergio Aguero.
Dutch publication Voetbal International claimed at the start of August that Everton were close to agreeing a £25.6million deal for the Ivory Coast striker.
However, the Liverpool Echo stated shortly after that Bony, 27, is not a target for Everton even though they are still searching for a striker.
Manager Ronald Koeman admitted at the time that he was in the market for a new striker, who would offer competition for star man Romelu Lukaku.
“That is one of the positions where we are looking,” Koeman said at the time, as quoted by the Liverpool Echo.
“It is that position and that is one of the reasons why I put Deulofeu in front at number nine to see if he can occupy that position.”
In other West Ham transfer news, owner David Gold issues a transfer update on their star midfielder.