By Harvey Byrne
Ronald Koeman has told reporters that “there is nothing” in the renewed speculation linking Everton with a move for Joe Hart.
The Sun claimed that the 29-year-old’s impressive form for loan club Torino had caught the eyes of the Toffees, alongside Premier League rivals Chelsea.
However, the Dutch manager has told reporters that there isn’t anything in the claims, as reported by ESPN correspondent Pete O’Rourke on his personal Twitter account on Friday evening.
Koeman currently has goalkeeper duo Maarten Stekelenburg and Joel Robles at the club.
However, given the age of the 34-year-old Netherlands as well as the doubts over Robles’ ability it was claimed that the former Southampton boss could be looking to bring Hart to Goodison Park.
The England international pulled off a stunning save for his country to ensure a clean sheet and a point in a 0-0 draw against Slovenia earlier in October.
He has also made six appearances in Serie A following his temporary move from Manchester City in the summer, conceding five goals and helping his side to remain unbeaten in their previous five encounters.
However, Koeman is maintaining his trust in his goalkeepers at the moment as his side sit in sixth place with 15 points from eight fixtures.
In other Everton news, Toffees staff have stated that academy graduate Ross Barkley is “quite hard to coach”.