By Tony Hughes
Stan Collymore revealed an emphatic verdict on Twitter after Moussa Sissoko’s apparent elbow in the game against Bournemouth on Saturday.
Sissoko clashed with Bournemouth’s Harry Arter on the touchline after the ball had gone out of play in the second half of the game.
Arter was furious at the time, clutching his face and appealing to the referee and linesman to take action, but Sissoko wasn’t even given a yellow card.
— Clarke (@NaturalFootyFan) October 22, 2016
After seeing the incident, Stan Collymore took to his personal Twitter account to give his thoughts on the incident – and they were pretty emphatic.
Sissoko. 3 game ban.
— Stan Collymore (@StanCollymore) October 22, 2016
Talking on Match of the Day on Saturday night, Harry Arter said that Sissoko had apologised to him and he was happy to accept that.
“He said it was an accident. I’m happy to take that as gospel,” said Arter.
However, Match of the Day analyst Danny Murphy agreed with Collymore and said, “Sissoko is going to get done for that whether he meant to or not. I don’t know what he was thinking. It looks awful.”
Referee Craig Pawson did not punish Sissoko following the incident, and it means Sissoko could be open to retrospective action by the FA, who can use video evidence for incidents not seen by the match officials.
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero was banned for three matches last month after being found guilty of violent conduct in an incident with West Ham’s Winston Reid.
That incident also went unpunished during the match, but Spurs fans will be hoping for a different outcome this time round.
The match ended 0-0 and Tottenham missed out on the chance to go top of the table. They’re now in fourth, one point behind Arsenal and Liverpool, with Manchester City playing in the early fixture on Sunday.
In other Tottenham news, Micky Hazard delivered this critical verdict after the team’s 0-0 draw with Bournemouth.