By Will Butcher

Holland international Vincent Janssen’s relationship with AZ Alkmaar has hit a new low after the striker was banned from making a planned television appearance.

As Football Insider reported on Sunday, AZ’s asking price has so far prevented him from joining Tottenham after the Dutch club rejected a £15million bid, which has caused friction between player and club.

The 22-year-old has his heart set on a move to Spurs and has criticised AZ for their high valuation and made it clear that he wants to quit the club for the Premier League.

Janssen’s agent told the website of Dutch NOS that AZ have moved to prevent any more negative public relations by banning the player from appearing on a Euro 2016 show entitled Studio France.

“The club prohibits Vincent from his performance on the NOS for all transfer troubles surrounding his person,” the unnamed representative told NOS’ website.

Mauricio Pochettino has made a number of bids for the Eredivisie top scorer but has yet to meet AZ’s asking price, believed to be around the £16.7 million mark.

However, as revealed by Football Insider, Spurs are closing in on the striker and are set to make a new bid to push through the deal this week.

Janssen, who signed for AZ from Almere City last summer for £300,000, scored 27 goals in 34 games for the Dutch side as they finished in an impressive fourth position.

Mauricio Pochettino wants depth in the attacking third as it was left to Harry Kane to singlehandedly lead the line for Spurs this season, and has earmarked Janssen after losing out to Chelsea in his pursuit of Belgium’s Euro 2016 star Michy Batshuayi.

In other Tottenham transfer news, Bournemouth have made a bid for this Spurs midfielder.