By Editor Wayne Veysey | Former Evening Standard, Press Association and Goal chief correspondent with 17 years experience of breaking big stories, including exclusives like this
Follow us on Twitter @footyinsider247
Tottenham have offered Wilfried Zaha a double-your-money contract to push through a deal by next Wednesday’s transfer cut-off, Football Insider sources understand.
Spurs are preparing a second bid for Crystal Palace winger Zaha after having an initial £12million offer rejected on Thursday.
A well-placed source has told Football Insider that Tottenham have not given up hope of signing the wide forward despite Parish insisting he will not leave this summer.
Spurs have offered to double Zaha’s wages to £70,000-a-week in an attempt to reach an agreement with the player should Palace cave in to what will be an improved offer to Palace in the coming days.
The north Londoners are prepared to pay around £20million to land the 23-year-old, although they would prefer to include a player in a part-exchange deal to make up the remainder of the fee,
One senior Spurs man that has been mentioned as a potential sweetener is Belgium international Nacer Chadli, who is considered surplus to requirements by manager Mauricio Pochettino
In July, Football Insider reported that seven senior Tottenham players had been told that they could leave White Hart Lane for pastures new.
Former FC Twente winger Nacer Chadli is one of those, while Alex Pritchard, Federico Fazio and Nabil Bentaleb have all subsequently walked through the exit door at the North London club.
Two-time England international Zaha impressed for Alan Pardew’s side last season, scoring five goals and producing seven assists in 43 league and cup encounters.
Tottenham have been in the market for a new winger, with Marseille’s Georges N’Koudou edging closer to a move before next Wednesday’s deadline.
In other Tottenham transfer news, this attacker has signed after completing talks with Spurs.