By Gabriel Agbonlahor

7th Nov, 2022 | 3:00pm

Agbonlahor hits back at Jurgen Klopp after Liverpool source's Luis Diaz update

Gabby Agbonlahor has claimed the World Cup break will be welcome by Liverpool with key players working their way back from injury.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the former Aston Villa striker suggested Jurgen Klopp’s side have heavily missed Diogo Jota and Luis Diaz.

Jota, Diaz, Joel Matip, Arthur Melo and Naby Keita all missed Liverpool’s trip to Tottenham on Sunday because of long-term injuries.

Source told Football Insider last week (31 October) that Diaz is making good progress in his recovery and is expected to take part in the mid-season training camp in Dubai.

The Reds have two more games prior to the World Cup – a League Cup tie against Derby County and a Premier League fixture against Southampton.

When asked by Football Insider if the break will be welcomed by Jurgen Klopp and his staff, Agbonlahor said: “The break will be an amazing reset for them if they can get Jota and Diaz back.

Click below for exclusive transfer news

“That would definitely help. They will also use the break to get Oxlade-Chamberlain, Matip and Keita up to fitness as well.

“The problem is, will they have left too much of an uphill battle to get into the top four. They have lost games they should win.

“Jurgen Klopp had a lot to say about me at the start of the season. He has not produced a team of mentality monsters this season. He has got to lift his players.

“Liverpool cannot afford to miss out on Champions League football.”

In other news, Kieran Maguire has claimed Liverpool stars will be poring over contract ‘small print’ as legal drama on cards.