By Gabriel Agbonlahor

16th Jun, 2022 | 1:18pm

Agbonlahor lambasts Michael Keane and can't believe West Ham source's reveal

Gabby Agbonlahor has urged West Ham not to sign Michael Keane from Everton.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the ex-Aston Villa and England attacker insisted Keane has been found out and West Ham would have to partner him with a quick centre-back partner.

A Hammers source told Football Insider last week (9 June) that the club have enquired about the 29-year-old Everton defender.

It comes as they look set to miss out to Everton on the signing of James Tarkowski on a free transfer from Burnley.

Football Insider broke the news on Wednesday (9 June) at 7.30am that Tarkowski was undergoing a medical that day and had agreed a £120,0000-a-week deal with the Blues.

Asked for his verdict on a West Ham move for Keane, Agbonlahor told Football Insider correspondent Connor Whitley: “I wouldn’t go for him.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

“Michael Keane has done a decent job as a defender but he’s getting found out now, he’s getting targeted.

“I used to target defenders and he would be one that I targeted and wanted to run onto and in behind. It’s happened too often.

“If he does come in, they are going to have someone quick next to him because he’s not very quick at all. He doesn’t move his feet quick enough.

“Frank Lampard will be happy to get rid of him.”

Keane played 38 times across all competitions in the 2021-22 season as Everton narrowly avoided relegation by six points.

He has three years left on his Goodison Park contract.

In other news, Bournemouth are in advanced talks to sign a West Ham star.