By Gabriel Agbonlahor

7th Sep, 2022 | 5:17am

Agbonlahor: Pablo Fornals and two West Ham teammates facing axe after £50m+ development

Gabby Agbonlahor has claimed Pablo Fornals, Manuel Lanzini and Said Benrahma should be all axed from the West Ham starting XI.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the ex-Aston Villa and England attack insisted Lucas Paqueta will be able to cement his place in the starting XI ahead of the trio.

Paqueta, who moved to West Ham from Lyon in a reported deal that could reach in excess of £50million fee last month (29 August), was handed his first start in the controversial 2-1 loss to Chelsea on Saturday (3 September).

Fornals lined up on the left at Stamford Bridge while Benrahma and Lanzini both were on the bench.

“I said this when West Ham signed Benrahma,” Agbonlahor told Football Insider correspondent Connor Whitley.

“He’s a decent player but I would’ve rather have got a Josh King in, a striker who was available with a bit more speed to help Antonio. Since that, Benrahma’s not done it.

Click below for exclusive transfer news

“Fornals and Lanzini are not good enough. Fornals, Lanzini and Benrahma I’d put them all on the bench, not good enough.

“I’d play Paqueta, Soucek and Rice with Bowen, Antonio and Scammaca up front. That would be my team, you’ve got pace then.

“Paqueta looks like he can do a lot more than Fornals, Lanzini and Benrahma. I’m sure West Ham fans would agree.”

Paqueta had established himself as one of Europe’s finest talents at Lyon before his move to the London Stadium.

The 25-year-old scored 21 times and provided 14 assists in 80 games across all competitions for the Ligue 1 club.

In other news, Kieran Maguire has issued a “furious” West Ham fans claim amid a new legal controversy.