Prolific striker reveals transfer plans after Arsenal bid
By Joe Nelson
Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette has revealed that he is not going anywhere this summer, to leave the club’s hopes of signing him dead in the water.
The 25-year-old has enjoyed a fantastic start to the season, scoring all of Lyon’s five goals in their opening two games. The French giants have picked up the maximum six points and sit on top of Ligue 1.
“From a personal standpoint, I will like to pass the threshold of 30 goals this season,” he said, as quoted by the Mirror after the club’s 2-0 win over Caen on Friday.
“There will be no departure. Everything is going well here at OL.”
The Telegraph reported that Lacazette has been a long-term target of Arsene Wenger, but the Gunners boss was unwilling to pay the £60m asking price.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
That followed confirmation from Lyon that they had rejected an initial offer of £29.5million from Arsenal for the player, and said that no improved offer had been received.
Lacazette has scored 97 goals in 233 appearances for Lyon since he graduated through their youth ranks.
Wenger has already brought in Granit Xhaka and Rob Holding into the first team this summer, along with young Japanese striker Takuma Asano, although he has not been granted a work permit.
The Arsenal manager is also hoping to complete a deal for defender Shkodran Mustafi, and confirmed that he is one of a number of players the north London club is looking at.
In other Arsenal transfer news, this Arsenal reported target posts emphatic decision via social media.