Campbell '100 per cent' sure on Ange Postecoglou's future after journalist's Celtic update
Kevin Campbell is “100 per cent” sure Ange Postecoglou would reject interest from Brighton in favour of staying at Celtic.
Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the former Arsenal striker said Brighton would be a “step down” for Postecoglou amid links with the vacant manager’s position.
According to journalist Douglas Alexander, reported in the Sunday Times (11 September), the Australian is “still a strong contender” to become the new Brighton boss.
On Tuesday (13 September), as quoted by the Herald, the 57-year-old said he is “paying no attention” to reports linking him with Graham Potter’s old job.
The former Australia international head coach said he is focused on being successful where he is and that any rumours are “not relevant” to him.
Potter left the Seagulls to join Chelsea last week after the Blues sacked Thomas Tuchel.
Click below for exclusive transfer news
When asked for his assessment of the latest, Campbell told Football Insider: “I think Ange Postecoglou will stay at Celtic, 100 per cent.
“They’re still in the Champions League, they’ve still got a lot of trophies to go for. Although he won the league last season, he’s building a good squad but I think there’s still a lot of trophies for him to win. Then he can take his pick.
“Brighton is a good club, don’t get me wrong. But after you’ve managed Celtic, no disrespect to Brighton but it is a step down, size-wise. Celtic’s a huge club, size wise it’s not even a comparison. So, I think Ange Postecoglou will be flattered to even be linked with the move but I don’t see it happening.“