Danny Mills has claimed it will not be long until Everton manager Marco Silva promotes Moise Kean to the starting XI after being benched for the club’s early fixtures this season.
The former Leeds and England defender, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, says that the former Juventus hitman, who joined the Toffees from the Italian giants this summer, will be pushing hard on the training ground to earn himself a place in Silva’s side.
The 19-year-old has had to settle for three substitute outings so far, including in the 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa on Friday night.
With Dominic Calvert-Lewin having led the line so far, Mills says it is only a matter of time until Kean steps up into the starting XI, insisting he will be desperate to play a meaningful amount of football.
Asked whether Kean was set for a promotion to the starting XI, Mills told Football Insider: “They haven’t scored an awful lot of goals, so it won’t be long – we don’t see what’s going on behind closed doors in training, but I’m pretty Moise Kean is chomping at the bit.
“Centre forwards more than anyone else want to play and score goals, it’s what they love doing. I’m sure he’s been working as hard as he can possibly can and it won’t be long until we see him in the starting line up.”
Everton have scored just one goal in their opening three Premier League games courtesy of Bernard’s strike against Watford, while Aston Villa’s strikes were the first the Toffees had conceded.
The next game for Marco Silva’s men is an away trip to Lincoln City in the League Cup second round, after which they play host to Wolverhampton Wanderers at Goodison Park.