'Could Be 4-5 Weeks' - Exclusive: Pundit on Tottenham star injury after update via Sky
Paul Robinson fears Tottenham attacker Gareth Bale could be out for over a month with a calf injury.
Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the former White Hart Lane number one said the 31-year-old’s latest setback is “bitterly disappointing” and “frustrating” after a promising performance against Stoke City last week.
Spurs boss Jose Mourinho revealed on Tuesday that the Wales international would be out for “a few weeks” with a calf problem.
The winger joins Giovani Lo Celso, who is also expected to miss the next few games, in the medical room in north London.
Bale has started just one Premier League game since rejoining the club from Real Madrid on a season-long loan deal in September.
When asked by Football Insider for his assessment of the latest injury news regarding the Welshman, Robinson said:
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
“It is bitterly disappointing because it is his calf now, a different injury.
“Unfortunately, there is nothing that you can do about these injuries. With a niggly injury like that you can miss three, four or five weeks.
“It is frustrating that he has broke down again because he put in a fantastic first half performance against Stoke and grabbed a goal as well.”
Speaking ahead of Wednesday’s game against Fulham, Mourinho told Sky Sports:”No, I don’t expect Gareth to be fit.
“I wouldn’t say it’s a serious injury, but I would say a few weeks.”