By support

29th Aug, 2017 | 6:14pm

Everton ready to go up against PL giants for 24-time Spain international - report

By Harvey Byrne

Everton are ready to go up against Premier League giants Chelsea for Swansea’s Spanish striker Fernando Llorente, according to a report.

ESPN have claimed on their website that the Toffees are ready to rival the Blues for the 32-year-old before the transfer window closes on Thursday evening.

Manager Ronald Koeman is detailed to be looking for a new striker after selling star Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United earlier this summer.

Meanwhile, Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is said to be a big fan of Llorente after the two worked together at Juventus and it is said that the 24-time Spain international is the Italian’s top target to replace the AWOL Diego Costa before the window comes to a close.

But, Swansea could also have a say in the transfer and it is reported that they are reluctant to losing Llorente after already selling Gylfi Sigurdsson this summer.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

However, it is also claimed that the Welsh club could be tempted to cash-in if a bidding war develops.

Football Insider verdict:

Llorente was a bid reason for why Swansea remained in the Premier League last season alongside Sigurdsson with 15 goals in 33 matches league matches and he would be a fantastic signing for Everton. However, if the Spaniard is not too concerned with first team football alongside the Conte factor then it will be very hard for the Toffees to attempt to beat Chelsea to the signing of the 2010 World Cup winner. Llorente was once thought of as one of the best forwards in Europe and despite him no longer being quite at that level he would be an incredible signing for Everton if it happened.

In other Everton transfer news, the Toffees have been handed a boost in the race for this international forward.

We’ve launched a << BREAKING NEWS FEED>> exclusively for your club. ‘Like Us’ on Facebook by clicking here if you want 24/7 updates on all Everton breaking news.