By Paul Robinson

8th Dec, 2020 | 11:31am

Exclusive: Pundit reacts to Spurs latest on Ndombele - 'He'll be a Big Miss'

Paul Robinson is adamant Tottenham have the strength in depth to cope with the loss of the “outstanding” Tanguy Ndombele.

The former White Hart Lane number one, speaking exclusively to Football Insider correspondent Dylan Childs, claimed the 23-year-old has “reached another level” this season but is confident Giovani Lo Celso and Harry Winks can provide adequate cover.

Ndombele ruled himself out of the 2-0 win over Arsenal on Sunday morning with a minor injury and Jose Mourinho selected Lo Celso in the France international’s place.

Speaking after the North London derby, Mourinho suggested Ndombele would not be sidelined for long and the club will hope he is fit for Sunday’s trip to Crystal Palace.

Robinson said Spurs are finally seeing the midfielder they signed for a club-record £63million in 2019.

“Spurs have the squad to cope with an injury like that now,” he told Football Insider.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

“This season they have got  strength in depth in all areas.

“Ndombele has been outstanding this season and a key part of the success enjoyed so far. He has reached another level, the level we expected of him when he first came in.

“He will be a big miss if he is out for a length of time but Jose Mourinho has the players to cope with it.

“Lo Celso started on Sunday but they have also got Harry Winks who can play in that role. The squad is very balanced.

“Yes, Ndombele will be missed from the starting eleven but there are players who are more than capable of coming in and doing a job.”  

In other news, Tottenham may hand 27-yr-old new deal over festive period after U-turn.