Harry Kane is increasingly likely to play the next Tottenham match after Brighton chief Paul Barber claimed today it is “really hard to imagine” the Premier League resuming on 4 April.
The England international, 26, has been sidelined since rupturing a tendon in his left hamstring on New Year’s Day.
A Spurs source has told Football Insider that Kane has been making good progress in his rehabilitation and the Premier League suspension has given him a lifeline in terms of playing a major role in the remainder of the campaign.
Kane began doing ball work outdoors last week but has yet to resume training with the first-team squad.
It will be some time before he can take part in contact training but the prospect of no league matches for a month or more means he is set to be available the next time Jose Mourinho’s side play.
Kane has previously stated that he expected to be back between the “start and middle of April”.
There is a strong possibility there will be no Premier League football before the latest of those points, despite the suspension initially running only until 4 April.
Brighton chief executive Barber, formerly of Tottenham, told the BBC Football Focus programme today it’s looking unlikely matches can resume in just three weeks’ time.
Premier League clubs are set to meet on Thursday, two days after Uefa discuss the fate of Euro 2020.
Kane underwent hamstring surgery in early January and has been sorely missed during his absence.
In other Tottenham news, it can be REVEALED that Mourinho has told friends 29-year-old won’t ever play for Spurs again.