Liverpool have agreed a five-year deal for Lyon attacker Nabil Fekir, according to a club Insider.
Anfield Express, a solid source of news for Liverpool that often breaks stories before the mainstream media, made the claim on its Twitter account on Tuesday lunchtime.
This followed on from a claim by Canal+ journalist Romain Collet-Gaudin that a meeting between Klopp and Fekir had gone well and that the player should sign.
— Romain Collet-Gaudin (@RomainCG75) May 8, 2018
Following this, Anfield Express said that Collet-Gaudin had said that a five-year deal had been agreed for the player, with a fee of £61.5million (€70million), which included a bonus.
He also said that his brother, Yassin Fekir, should also be joining from Lyon but that the two clubs were still ironing out the details of that deal.
Football Insider verdict:
This one is really picking up pace now. First off came the tweet from respected journalist Collet-Gaudin from Canal+. Now it seems that the deal has progressed and that Liverpool have agreed a fee for a five-year deal. There’s still a way to go before the deal is confirmed, but it looks like Klopp might have landed a significant blow in the summer before the window has even opened. Fekir has been dazzlingly brilliant this season, scoring 22 goals in 38 games. His brother is a new one and it looks like he could well be joining too. Yassin Fekir is a 21-year-old winger who has been playing for the Lyon B team, and could add even more attacking options for Klopp. The question is, how many more attackers does he need? With Naby Keita joining to add ballast to the midfield, Liverpool fans will be hoping that Klopp’s next big deal is a significant one for another centre-back. There’s plenty of time though.
In other Liverpool news, Spurs must swoop and break hearts at Anfield for a former Reds hero.