Noel Whelan has claimed Moise Kean could be given a second chance at Everton under a new manager.
The former Leeds striker, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, suggested the departure of Carlo Ancelotti may see the 21-year-old return to the Toffees’ squad after his temporary spell at PSG.
Renowned Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano has reported PSG have tabled an offer to sign Kean on loan again for next season.
PSG are still negotiating with Everton for Moise Kean. As reported days ago it’s only loan proposal and NO permanent transfer, no €40m bid as of today. 🔵 #EFC
The deal is now stalling because Everton want to wait for the new manager before deciding on Kean’s future. 🇮🇹 https://t.co/ddokCB9o6S
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 7, 2021
However, it is said Everton are stalling on a deal until a new manager is appointed.
The Toffees reportedly value Kean at £38.7million (€45million).
Whelan suggested a new manager would want to take a look at the hitman before deciding whether to let him leave.
“Everton could call Moise Kean back up if they really need to,” Whelan told Football Insider’s Russell Edge.
“It’s another opportunity for a new manager to get something out of him. Look, it’s not worked out for him so far.
“He’s had a very good season at PSG. There’s still a massive question mark over whether he can do it in the Premier League. I think the Premier League is a different kettle of fish.
“Maybe a new manager believes he needs to give him a shot and have a look at him. See if he can step up to that level.”
Kean scored 17 goals in 41 appearances during his time at PSG.
Meanwhile, he has netted just four times in 37 games for Everton.