Man City have caved in to player pressure after source reveals transfer U-turn - pundit
Kevin Campbell has claimed Gabriel Jesus and Oleksandr Zinchenko will have had a “big say” in their Man City exits amid an inquest into the duo’s moves to Arsenal.
The former Gunners striker, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, insisted “things will change” in the relationship between the giants now Mikel Arteta’s side are a genuine title contender.
Man City sources told this site on Saturday (19 November) that the Premier League champions will not sell any more first-team stars to Arsenal.
Jesus and Zinchenko joined the Gunners for a combined £75million during the summer window – and questions are now being asked at the Etihad Stadium about why they were allowed to join a title rival.
Raheem Sterling was also allowed to join Chelsea – but the Londoners are not currently in contention to overthrow Pep Guardiola’s side.
Arsenal lead Man City by five points atop the Premier League after 14 games.
Click below for exclusive transfer news
Jesus has registered a combined 11 goals and assists this term, while Zinchenko has impressed in a season which has so far been limited by injury.
Campbell told Football Insider’s Ewan Kingsbury: “Players have a big say in where they go.
“Both players wanted to join Arsenal.
“They decided to let them go, they didn’t want to wait for a bidding war.
“The players were pushing, and City have never been the type of team to stand in a player’s way.
“Obviously now that Arsenal are a rival, things will change. Arsenal weren’t a rival last year.
“They’ll be definitely thinking twice about selling any more players to rivals now – and I understand that.”