By Harvey Byrne
Charlton manager Karl Robinson has revealed that he talked to Rangers about attacker Harry Forrester in January, but has denied reports about a summer approach.
Football news outlet HITC claimed on Tuesday that the Addicks were considering a move for the 26-year-old Gers left-winger.
It was detailed that the Ibrox giants themselves are willing to let the Milton Keynes-born attacker leave as manager Pedro Caixinha plans to overhaul his squad which finished in third place last season.
However, despite revealing he spoke to Rangers in January about Forrester, he told that he has not made any contact yet this summer.
“I know Harry and I had his brother Remy [at Milton Keynes] for a period of time,” told Robinson, as quoted by LondonNewsOnline.
“We spoke to Glasgow Rangers in January about it but that was in January. We’ve not made any contact this window.”
Forrester built up a reputation for himself in the English Football Leagues before earning a move to Rangers, where he linked back up with Mark Warburton, who he had previously worked under at Brentford.
But, the former England Under-17 international has had a tough time to date in Glasgow with a return of just eight goals and three assists from 44 matches in all competitions.
He still has another two years on his contract at Ibrox, but he may be heading for an early exit in an attempt to find more first team football as Caixinha is expected to bolster his squad further.
In other Rangers transfer news, this Gers duo are on the radar of an English club.