McManus: Celtic fans 'gutted' after Rangers source's manager update
Celtic fans will be “gutted” that Rangers have sacked Giovanni van Bronckhorst.
That’s according to former Hibernian striker Tam McManus, speaking exclusively to Football Insider about the Gers’ hunt for a new boss.
The Gers sacked Van Bronckhorst on Monday (21 November) after he oversaw the worst group campaign in Champions League history and guided the club to nine points behind Celtic going into the World Cup break.
Sources told Football Insider on Tuesday (22 November) that Michael Beale is the club’s top target with Ross Wilson headed to London for talks with candidates.
McManus insists any new manager will not be able to wrestle the title back from Celtic this season.
“I don’t think Celtic are worried about who comes in,” McManus told Football Insider‘s Ben Wild.
Click below for exclusive transfer news
“The title is in their hands, it’s theirs to lose now. Rangers are going to have to go perfect until the end of the season.
“They have to win every game, I don’t see it. I don’t see them beating Celtic three times. It’s too little too late from a Rangers point of view.
“I’m sure Celtic fans will be gutted, they would rather Gio was still in charge to be honest, based on how this season has gone so far.
“They were delighted to see their old rivals struggling and all of the questions being asked of the manager. Rangers might get a boost from this.
“It’s a fresh voice, you see a new manager bounces everywhere but I don’t think Celtic will be bothered at all by this.”
Sources told Football Insider on Monday (21 November) that ex-Burnley boss Sean Dyche would be “very keen” to talk to Rangers about the job.
The 51-year-old has been out of work since leaving Burnley in April.