Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti

Alan Hutton admits he is baffled after Paris-Saint Germain signed Everton striker Moise Kean on loan.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider assistant editor Russell Edge, the former Aston Villa and Scotland defender has questioned whether the young Italian forward will get the game time he needs to develop with the Ligue 1 champions.

The Toffees confirmed on Sunday evening that the 20-year-old had joined the French giants on loan for the rest of the 2020/21 campaign.

The former Juventus starlet has played 37 times for Everton so far but only nine of those appearances have come in the starting XI.

He featured as a substitute in the Toffees’ opening two Premier League games of the new season while he managed to score a goal in each of his League Cup outings.

Hutton admits he was stunned when the news of his move broke and has questioned if it is in his best interests.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

Hutton told Football Insider: “It’s a strange one, I never saw it coming. I was on Instagram and then bang, he’s left. It was a strange one, it came out of nowhere. 

“I’m sure I heard an interview with Ancelotti after one of their games where he said he’s their player, he’s staying and it kind of confused me a little bit.

“He’s very young, got bags of potential, taken time to settle in over here, hasn’t quite worked out at the moment but I do believe there’s a decent player there. 

“It’ll be a good opportunity for him to go somewhere and play, I know PSG have got injuries and suspensions at the moment so whether it’s just a short-term fix for them, it’s up in the air.

“It’s not going to be ideal if he goes there and doesn’t play a game, it doesn’t really help anyone. As long as he gets the game time and the minutes it’ll be a good move.” 

In other Everton news, the Toffees have been tipped to sell a new signing for big profit.