The emergence of Craig Dawson and reported Tottenham interest means Issa Diop may quit West Ham United, according to Gabriel Agbonlahor.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the former Premier League and England striker claimed the 24-year-old will struggle to break back into the Hammers starting XI.

David Moyes’ side made it six games unbeaten in all competitions on Monday night with a 2-1 win over West Brom at London Stadium.

After four consecutive clean sheets, Matheus Pereira’s goal in east London was the first they had conceded in 431 minutes across all competitions.

Their strong defensive record coincides with the introduction of veteran Dawson who made his Hammers debut against Southampton last month.

The Watford-loanee was chosen to partner Angel Ogbonna instead of Diop after Fabian Balbuena picked up an injury, meaning Diop is now Moyes’ fourth-choice centre-back.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

Claret & Hugh reported at the beginning of the month that Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho was weighing up a move for Diop.

Asked by Football Insider whether the Frenchman should look to move away given Dawson’s emergence, Agbonlahor said: “Yes, he definitely should do.

“He’s not going to play with the centre-halves that West Ham have got and they’re doing so well.

“So definitely he should be looking at a move, and it could happen.”

Diop moved to West Ham for a £22million fee from French side Toulouse in the summer of 2018 – a club-record at the time.

After missing just 11 Premier League games in his first two seasons, he has played just four times in the league this term.

In other news, a top pundit has told Moyes to sign a Premier League striker after the Athletic’s £27m West Ham reveal.