By Frank McAvennie

10th Sep, 2021 | 4:00pm

Pundit makes Bruce 'walk away' prediction as he breaks silence on 'strange' Newcastle development

Frank McAvennie is certain Steve Bruce won’t walk away from Newcastle after he broke his silence on the club’s current situation.

The former West Ham hitman, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, reacted to the latest from Bruce.

Today (10 September), Daily Mail reporter Craig Hope shared what Bruce said when asked about Newcastle’s statement last week.

On 3 September, Newcastle released a statement defending their lack of spending this summer.

In response, Bruce has today said, “What can I do about it?”, when asked if he was happy with the situation.

Football Insider pundit Paul Robinson labelled the statement as “strange”.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

It has been suggested by some Toon fans that Bruce should walk away from the club after not being backed.

McAvennie insists this won’t happen as the manager doesn’t “have it in him”.

“Bruce won’t walk,” McAvennie told Football Insider correspondent Ben Wild.

“No Chance, he hasn’t got it in him. What makes you think he would walk away now after all the other stuff.

“Him not getting what he wants at Newcastle isn’t a new thing. He’s there until he gets sacked.

“There are few managers who would walk away on principle and Steve Bruce is not one of them.

“He can be annoyed, that’s fine. But he’s not going to do anything about it. He never does.”

Newcastle are winless this season and travel to Old Trafford on Saturday afternoon.

Bruce has confirmed today that Callum Wilson will miss the game with Ryan Fraser also doubtful after picking up a knock while away with Scotland.

In other news, ex-Premier League referee claims Newcastle star has been victim of major injustice.