Rangers expert: Alfredo Morelos pushing to quit in January after Ibrox source's talks update
Alfredo Morelos will still push to leave Rangers in the January transfer window despite Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s sacking, according to Alan Hutton.
The former Gers defender, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, admitted the Colombia international “looks like he wants out” of Ibrox, regardless of who takes charge.
Ibrox sources told this site on Tuesday (22 November) that the Glasgow giants have made former coach Michael Beale their top managerial target, with Ross Wilson set to hold talks with candidates in London this week.
Rangers sacked Van Bronckhorst just over a year after appointing him as Steven Gerrard’s successor.
However, Hutton suggested a change of manager would not convince Morelos, who is set to be out of contract at the end of the season, to extend his stay at Ibrox.
Asked if appointing Beale could convince the likes of Morelos to stay, Hutton told Football Insider: “Depending on who comes in. If Michael Beale comes in, the tendency might be leaning towards maybe staying.
Click below for exclusive transfer news
“The likes of Morelos, to me, it looks like he wants out of there. He got the opportunity in the last game and it didn’t go well for him at all.
“He still looks that moody player and he’s not giving us that aggression on the pitch where he scores goals.
“I think someone like him will, possibly, leave.”
As well as Morelos, Ryan Kent, Scott Arfield, Steven Davis, Allan McGregor, Filip Helander and Ryan Jack are also heading into the final months of their contracts.
As detailed by Football Insider earlier this month (17 November), Rangers are making a fresh attempt to sign Kent down to a new deal.