Real Madrid will not allow Gareth Bale to return to Premier League this summer
By Spain correspondent Miguel de Souza
Real Madrid will refute any interest in Gareth Bale this summer, ending any hope of a swift return to the Premier League.
Sources have told Football Insider that the Spanish giants have no interest on cashing in on their £86million world-record signing.
Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea have all been monitoring Bale’s difficult spell at the Bernabeu in recent months.
But Bale has four years remaining on the six-year contract he signed in 2013 and Real continue to regard the 25-year-old as a key figure in their plans.
Bale’s form has come under huge scrutiny from both supporters and the Spanish media, while his car was attacked at the club’s training complex in the wake of last week’s 2-1 defeat to Barcelona.
Nevertheless, his 42 Real appearances this season have yielded 18 goals and he scored a double for Wales on Saturday in a 3-0 win which helped his country leapfrog Israel to the top of their Euro 2016 qualifying group.
“I don’t need to answer the critics,” Bale said after he added to Aaron Ramsey’s opener with a second-half brace at the Sammy Ofer Stadium. “I know, and everyone around me knows, what I can do.
“There are ups and downs in football, you have to take it with a pinch of salt and all you can do is respond with your performances on the pitch, like that. I don’t feel I need to prove anyone wrong or right, I just need to play my football.”