Bukayo Saka is set to make up his mind on his future after Arsenal tabled a new offer to fend off interest from elite clubs including Liverpool.
The Gunners have been working for months to tie the versatile left footer, 18, to a long-term contract following his big impact this season.
A Liverpool source has told Football Insider their interest in the teenage attacker is “strong” and their recruitment team have been hugely impressed by his development this season.
But they are braced for Saka to commit to a new deal with Arsenal after reassurances from Mikel Arteta he regards him as a huge part of the team’s future.
Tellingly, the teenager was named in the starting XI for Wednesday’s 3-0 defeat at Man City ahead of not only axed Mesut Ozil but also the likes of Alexandre Lacazette, Nicolas Pépé and Sead Kolasinac.
Arsenal are keen to tie Saka to a new five-year deal to replace his current agreement, which expires next year.
Talks were placed on hold during the lockdown after an initial offer was made to the teenager earlier this year.
A subsequent improved offer has been made to Saka’s camp and there is growing hope at the north Londoners he will put pen to paper this summer.
That would be a blow to the youngster’s growing army of suitors.
Saka has emerged from the Gunners youth ranks to establish himself in the first team and delivered a series of eyecatching displays.
Able to play in left or right-sided attacking roles or at left-back, he has started 10 of Arsenal’s last 12 Premier League matches.
The England Under-19 international has racked up 30 first-team appearances this season, scoring three times and supplying nine assists.
In other Liverpool news, it can be REVEALED one of the club’s goalkeepers has been told to quit and a 26-yr-old teammate is set to follow him through the exit door.