Tottenham owner Joe Lewis and chairman Daniel Levy

Troy Parrott will stay at Millwall for the rest of the season after a Tottenham U-turn, Football Insider has been told.

Spurs held talks last month about terminating Parrott’s season-long Millwall loan at the midway point and arranging a new loan move this month.

But Parrott wants to stay at the New Den and fight for his place, while manager Gary Rowett has offered firm assurances the young striker has a key role to play in his plans.

 

Spurs could take advantage of the recall option in the deal and bring the teenager, 18, back to north London.

But a Tottenham source has told Football Insider that the club have given the green light to the teenager, 18, remaining at Millwall for the remainder of the campaign.

Parrott has struggled to make as big an impact at Millwall as all parties had hoped.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

This was initially due to injury, with ankle and thigh problems meaning he did not make his Lions debut until 21 November.

Since then, Parrott has made 10 first-team appearances in all competitions.

But he has yet to score for the south Londoners across 491 minutes of action, although he did register his first assist in last Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at Coventry City.

Parrott had been expected to make a big impact in the Championship after breaking into the senior Spurs side last season.

The youngster, who earned his first Republic of Ireland cap at the age of 17, was used three times from the bench by his parent club and made one start came against Colchester in the EFL Cup.

In other news, Hugo Lloris tipped for sensational Tottenham exit after interview reveal.