Sources: 'Huge' Tottenham transfer update as Conte seals one signing and lines up three more this week
Antonio Conte is putting “huge pressure” on Daniel Levy and the Tottenham board to complete four new signings in the last week of the window.
The Spurs manager has made it clear to club chiefs the team needs significant reinforcements to secure a top-four finish this season.
A Tottenham source has told Football Insider that Conte has intensified his push for new signings in the wake of Sunday’s 2-0 Premier League defeat to Chelsea.
It is said by the source that he is placing “huge pressure” behind the scenes on chairman Levy and the board after being frustrated by the lack of arrivals 24 days into the window.
The capture of Adama Traore is all but done after, as revealed by Football Insider, Tottenham had a bid of £20million plus £2.75m of add-ons accepted by Wolves last Friday (21 January).
Spurs are hopeful that will be completed in the next days.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
But hands-on Conte wants far more business to be done and has made it clear to his countryman Fabio Paratici, the club’s managing director, that it is not an option in his mind for the recruitment to be limited to Traore.
The duo are said to have been busy lining up other deals and presenting them to the board.
One option is the Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat, who Conte is said to rate highly, while AC Milan’s Franck Kessie is being monitoried.
Talks have taken place with agents and players, and further talks will take place in the coming days before Spurs decide on their final targets.
The club are working to sign a right wing-back, a centre-midfielder and a striker this month. A centre-back could also potentially join.
They could also bring in an attacking midfielder if both Tanguy Ndombele and Dele Alli leave by the 31 January cut-off.
Both are negotiating loan moves, with Ndombele in talks to join Paris Saint-Germain and Alli sifting through various options including Newcastle United.