Sources: Major update on Kennedy future at Rangers after new West Ham bid
Rangers have rejected a new Kai Kennedy bid from West Ham and recalled him to first-team training, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.
This site broke the news on Monday (18th July) that the Glasgow giants had knocked back an opening offer from the Premier League club.
Ibrox sources have told Football Insider that the Londoners are very keen to land Kennedy, 19, and have returned to the negotiating table with a new offer.
But that has also been rejected by Rangers as they look to keep hold of the young forward.
Manager Steven Gerrard has also reacted to the West Ham interest by bringing Kennedy back into the first-team fold.
The teenager has been training with the ‘B’ team at Rangers for the last five months while being made to wait for his senior chance.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
His return from the cold could be enough to convince him his future remains at Ibrox.
Following protracted negotiations, Kennedy signed a new contract with the Gers in January that runs until the summer of 2023.
But his head has been turned by West Ham interest and the potential opportunity to work under David Moyes.
“It is extremely flattering that West Ham have made an offer for me and it would be a great opportunity to be able to work with a top manager such as David Moyes, but I am a Rangers player until I am told otherwise,” Kennedy told Football Insider.
The Scotland youth international spent last season on loan at Inverness Caley Thistle and Raith Rovers in what was his first extended taste of senior football.
He made 29 appearances in total, but has only played once so far for Rangers.