Sources: Major update on Tottenham potentially signing striker in January
Tottenham are not likely to move for an out-and-out striker in the January window, sources have told Football Insider.
It is believed Spurs are set to swoop for a wide player in the new year – despite not yet replacing departed talisman Harry Kane.
Football Insider revealed on Saturday (18 November) that Juventus forward Samuel Iling-Junior is one of three options Tottenham are weighing up ahead of the January transfer window.
Ange Postecoglou is keen to add more firepower on the flanks amid injuries to Spurs trio Manor Solomon, Ivan Perisic and Richarlison.
A well-placed source has told Football Insider that the Australian is happy with his depth at the top of the pitch as the January window approaches.
Heung-min Son has moved into a striker role in the 2023-24 campaign, while Richarlison and Alejo Veliz are waiting in the wings as backup.
Son has scored eight goals in 13 appearances this term with Tottenham making a strong start in the Premier League.
It is believed Spurs will address the striker position next summer with more options set to become available at the end of the current campaign.
One such option is Brentford striker Ivan Toney, who is attracting interest from a host of elite Premier League sides.
Football Insider revealed earlier this month (7 November) Tottenham are set to go head-to-head with the likes of Arsenal, Man United and Chelsea for Toney’s signature.
Son is Spurs’ top scorer this term, while James Maddison and Dejan Kulusevski have chipped in with three goals each.
Tottenham, who are not involved in European competition and thus only play once a week, sit fourth in the Premier League after 12 games.
Postecoglou’s side are next in action against Aston Villa on Sunday (26 November).